Summer Hockey is a group of social competitions that run from roughly mid-October to early-March each year (with a break over Christmas, New Year and January). They consist of 10 rounds, plus 2 weeks of finals.
Competitions are offered in Mixed, Men's, Women's, and Masters. Matches are always played at the same, designated venue (for that particularly competition), at 7pm, 8pm & 9pm, on a set day of the week (and no, there's no training!).
Teams are open to anyone, whether you're a member of MUHC during the regular season, a member of another club, or don't play for a club at all.
2012-13 Summer Hockey
2012-13 Summer Hockey starts up the week of Monday 15th October.
- Expressions of interest run on a system of 'first in, first served', so the earlier you submit your interest, the better the chances you have of getting the competition you request.
- Teams are capped at:
- 14 players for Men's & Women's comps
- 15 players for Mixed comps (comprising 7 of each gender, and a goalkeeper of either gender)
- 15 players for Masters comps
- If there are particular people who you would like to be in the same team with, you can request this, but it may not be possible to satisfy these requests.
- If you don't pay on time (see Fees below), you'll lose your spot in the team.
- If the competition you want to play in is full, you'll be placed on a waiting list in case someone pulls out/doesn't pay their fees.
We've entered teams in the following competitions (as at 18 September):
|Comp||Day||Venue*||# of teams entered|
|Masters 40's||Monday||ES1||1 team|
|Masters 40's||Monday||F-2||1 team|
|Masters 50's||Wednesday||F-1||1 team|
* Note: venue may change under HV discretion
Are you interested in organising a MUHC summer team? Those who nominate for Team Manager will NOT have to pay fees (and no, you won't have to collect money from players and the hassles associated with it). Umpire payments will be arranged through the Treasurer. Further details on receiving cash for umpire payments to be released once team managers have been appointed.
Summer hockey fees are $90 up front for the season. This cost is per competition that you're playing in (e.g. if you're playing in both a Monday Mixed team and a Tuesday Men's team, the cost would be $180 all up), and includes the cost of weekly umpire payments.
Goalkeepers & Team Managers are not required to pay fees (for that particular team). Yep, $0!
Process of Payment
Further details to be released with team confirmation emails.
Players who wish to play Summer Hockey with MUHC, but were not members of the club during the winter season, need to complete a MUHC Summer Membership Form
Note: this registration is just for Summer only, and so doesn't affect any regular, winter season registration you may have with another club.
Matches are played at 7pm, 8pm and 9pm, on the following dates. Specific fixtures will be available on SportingPulse.
|15 October||16 October||17 October||18 October|
|22 October||23 October||24 October||25 October|
|29 October||30 October||31 October||1 November|
|Break (Melbourne Cup)||7 November||8 November|
|12 November||13 November||14 November||15 November|
|19 November||20 November||21 November||22 November|
|26 November||27 November||28 November||29 November|
|Break (Champions Trophy)|
|10 December||11 December||12 December||13 December|
|Break (Christmas/New Year)|
|4 February||5 February||6 February||7 February|
|11 February||12 February||13 February||14 February|
|18 February||19 February||20 February*||21 February*|
|25 February*||26 February*||27 February*||28 February*|
|4 March*||5 March*|